Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer
Salary £60,000 - £75,000
Our client is looking for a self-starting and motivated Senior Systems Engineer with experience in the Defence domain to operate across the full spectrum of security engineering activities in support of the design, development, integration, delivery, and in-service support of complex technical projects. You will support existing projects and help secure future business, enabling the client to evolve and grow within their target markets which include Defence, National Infrastructure and Nuclear.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the System Engineering Manager, typical activities would include:
- Evolution of User needs through concept exploration to define system requirements.
- Derivation of System/Product designs to satisfy the requirements of the client including the execution of engineering governance activities such as Critical Design Reviews (CDR)
- Execution of trade studies in support of product down select and validation of supplier delivered products and services against the design.
- Change management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support to System Integration & Test including defect triage.
- System qualification, acceptance, and release
- Experience working in a System Engineering discipline.
- Thorough understanding of the end-to-end System Engineering lifecycle (e.g. ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288)
- Experience of deriving requirements and designs, documented using standard System Engineering toolsets (e.g. DOORS for requirements; SparxEA for architectures)
- Experience leading a team of system engineers to deliver, in a complex operating environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain and document complex ideas and solutions for a wide audience.
- Ability to collaborate within a diverse team.
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following is desirable but not essential: Hardware; User Applications; Networking; Bearers or Platform Integration
- Currently holds or ability to obtain SC clearance.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** If you're interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided **
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the aerospace, technology and manufacturing sectors. Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across all core commercial engineering disciplines and specialist areas of aerospace engineering within Design, CAMO, LAE, Manufacturing, H&S and Facilities Management.
We want to here from you
Get in touch
Our specialists team are waiting for hear from you whether you're a business looking to hire or looking for your next opportunity!