Senior Planning Engineer
£65,000 - £75,000
My client has over 50 years’ experience working in the construction industry. Their core business is the delivery of projects and programmes in partnership with their clients. They have a wide and diverse pool of experienced resources using proven delivery systems and processes that are benchmarked as best in class.
This is a role for an experienced planning engineer/senior planner working across the business unit. It presents an exciting opportunity for someone to join a growing team focused on excellence within the project control’s function.
They are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual who are keen to cement their existing expertise in delivering projects to our key clients and driving the growth of our business in this sector.
- Reporting to the Group Planning Manager, responsible at tender stage for the range of activities involved in the project planning life cycle, which include:
- Identifying planning scope, major constraints, contract requirements, Identifying major quantities and factors affecting the programme.
- Working with all disciplines to ensure the full project scope is captured within the programme.
- Establishing and agreeing with Operations key methods of construction, sequencing, installation, and commissioning.
- Producing and documenting the planning deliverables including programmes, basis of schedule, presentations, and reports.
- Developing overall programmes, issuing to all parties for review and implementing recommendations, innovation, and best practice as applicable.
- Cost and resource loading, plus resource levelling techniques as required.
- Interfacing with third parties to identify and resolve issues.
- Experienced with Primavera P6.
- Must be able to obtain SC Clearance.
- An ability to travel to project sites on a regular frequency and or as determined by project requirements.
- Substantial experience of planning services in medium to large sized projects within the construction industry 1m – 20m.
- Good understanding of the various forms of tender documents, contract documents and specifications.
- Good understanding of risk and opportunity management with reference to planning & programming and of the methods used to demonstrate, delay, or change entitlement.
- Good understanding of the construction market, methods of construction, plant, equipment, and labour requirements.
- Strong communication skills, including writing reports & presenting, good knowledge of Microsoft Office in particular; Excel, Word, Project, and Outlook.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** If you're interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided **
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to AI, Software ERP, Engineering, Manufacturing and Commercial sectors. Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across all core commercial engineering & technology disciplines and specialist areas.
We want to here from you
Get in touch
Our specialists team are waiting for hear from you whether you're a business looking to hire or looking for your next opportunity!