Senior Cost Engineer
Senior Cost Engineer
6-9 months contract
The Senior Cost Engineer will generate cost estimates and reports for material and NRE costs, as well as commodities and capital expenditure.
About the role
The Senior Cost Engineer will develop and implement a cost engineering strategy, including the assessment and recommendation of costing software; Collaborate with stakeholders to transform proposals and specifications into should cost estimates for current and new products; Engage in discussions with buyers, engineers, and suppliers to identify cost-effective component design and manufacturing process changes; Maintain a risk and opportunities tracker, provide detailed should cost estimates for tooling, and use rapid costing methodologies to support business acquisition opportunities.
- You must have previous experience in cost estimating within the automotive or manufacturing industry and the ability to cost a wide range of commodities.
- A strong understanding of cost drivers in manufacturing and experience with component costing software are essential.
- Proficiency in stakeholder management and supplier/customer relationship management is required.
- Experience working in a Tier 1 Automotive/OEM environment
- Familiarity with electric powertrain systems.
This role is inside IR35
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** If you're interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided **
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to AI, Software ERP, Engineering, Manufacturing and Commercial sectors. Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across all core commercial engineering & technology disciplines and specialist areas.
We want to here from you
Get in touch
Our specialists team are waiting for hear from you whether you're a business looking to hire or looking for your next opportunity!