Quality Control Supervisor
Quality Control Supervisor
Salary - £29,000 to £33,000
Hybrid (4 day working week – Monday to Thursday)
Reporting to the Production Manager the QC Supervisor (LSBU) is responsible for organising and maintaining workloads for both themselves, and their team members for inspecting and testing of piece parts, sub-assemblies, and final products in accordance with documented company processes and quality standards and customer specifications, and acting as the voice of the customer, as well as completing the necessary quality documentation associated with these items.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effective planning of QC driven by production and customer demand within the LSBU QC area, in assigning jobs and responsibilities to team whilst continuing with management of own workload in accordance with departmental priorities ensuring efficient use of equipment and resources, adherence to deadlines, and the reporting of progress to key stakeholders.
- Establish and prepare mechanical, electrical, and optical test equipment and jigging in accordance with associated documentation to ensure accuracy of test and prevention of damage to goods.
- Undertake testing of components and finished products, utilising appropriate test equipment and resources, and following approved test documentation, interpreting recorded results to ensure they are fit for purpose and fully comply with the company’s and customer’s specifications.
- Create and complete accurate structured test logs/reports ensuring all applicable data is collected and recorded as required by the design team, operations management, and the customer.
- Accurately receive items into inventory, including accurately reporting the time taken to produce and test the items, noting and understanding the significance of inventory transactions and the wider impact they can have in the business.
- Create and complete detailed quality documentation, including first article inspection reports and non-conformance reports, as required by operations management, and specified by external customers.
- Maintain QC test equipment; performing calibration tasks as and when required, ensuring faults are reported to line management immediately.
- Report product faults and failures to key stakeholders, using approved systems located on SharePoint, in a timely fashion, providing relevant technical detail to aid their resolution in order that product can be retested, and the effectiveness of corrective actions confirmed.
- Provide structured support, mentoring and training, including cross training, to all team members, maintaining training records and competence assessments as appropriate, as well completing PDRs and IPDs for QC team members.
- Provide data and contribute to the preparation, update, and resolution of customer returns, completing history reports, non-conformances, root cause analysis, 8D reports and containment, in order that actions can be implemented, and quality standards maintained.
- Achieve and maintain IPC-A-610 inspection certification.
- Adhere to all instructional and Health & Safety procedures for the use of equipment to maintain a safe work environment.
- Detailed experience of working in an ISO 9001 environment and knowledge of AS 9100 is desirable.
- Experience of using electrical test equipment, including oscilloscopes, power supplies and multimeters is essential.
- Experience of reading and understanding detailed drawings is essential.
- Previous experience of a SharePoint IT system and IFS or a similar ERP system is a benefit.
- Experience of team management is desirable, but not essential.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** If you're interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided **
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the aerospace, technology and manufacturing sectors. Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across all core commercial engineering disciplines and specialist areas of aerospace engineering within Design, CAMO, LAE, Manufacturing, H&S and Facilities Management.
We want to here from you
Get in touch
Our specialists team are waiting for hear from you whether you're a business looking to hire or looking for your next opportunity!