Process Engineer - Metals Technologies
Process Engineer - Metals Technologies
12-month contract with likelihood of extension
€35-40 per hour
Outskirts of Munich
Your role and your team:
You are recognized as an expert in metallic materials processing, including machining, casting, and forging. You have worked with a variety of industrial applications, preferably in aerospace, with an understanding of the surrounding special processes required to deliver metallic components meeting engineering intent. You will analyse metallic microstructure to determine suitability per specification requirements. You will own the process qualification of both internally executed processes (milling, grinding, turning, etc.) and at suppliers from raw material to finished part (casting/forge, conventional machining) to assure their successful industrialization and deliver metallic components to the client. You will evaluate supplier technical data related to manufacturing using this type of technology for the purpose of qualifying these processes for various aircraft components.
Your day to day:
- Develop methods to qualify machining, casting, forging, and other metallic processing technologies for use on the manufacture and supply of all metallic components within the eVTOL, in partnership with the Design Organization engineering teams.
- Write internal operational procedures governing fabrication, inspection, and testing of articles produced with metallic processing technologies.
- Develop and perform methods for executing industrial standard materials properties tests such as metallography and mechanical tests.
- Perform measurements and characterizations of samples during Feasibility Analysis and Process Design and Development phases of industrialization.
- Assure supply of raw metals materials complies with DO Materials and Process requirements as well as industrial norms, perform technical surveillance and testing procedures as necessary, qualify raw material supply.
- Advise Supply Chain organization related technical matters for special process application, technology selection, materials evaluation.
- Independently evaluate supplier technical plans and support the clients Supply Chain Operations and Quality teams in qualifying suppliers using metallic processing technologies as above.
- Perform Special Process qualification activity for internal processes and guide the supply base to do the same, delivering a supplier process that is technically qualified per the Supply Chain Quality Handbook.
- Advise the Design Organization on appropriate materials and processing technique selection during design-for-manufacturing activity and process specification authorship.
- Engineering degree in materials engineering, mechanical engineering, or other technically relevant fields.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in application of metallic materials processing technology, preferably for application to aircraft engine components, with demonstrated impact working both in-house and at suppliers.
- Experience in the aerospace industry required.
- Experience in usage, definition, and problem-solving for machining required. Experience in casting and forging technologies beneficial.
- Proven track record of delivering on own technical responsibilities with or without the support of others, high sense of creativity to navigate organizational, technological, or logistical limitations.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge with high sense of delivery, relentless learning, simplification, clear thinking, and emotional intelligence.
- Excellent project management- and communication skills to unite and inspire stakeholders from different organizations.
- Software/IT skills: Minitab or R statistical analysis is a plus, MS Office, Excel.
- Fluent English language skills and strong English technical writing acumen with proactive drive to share results and educate others.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** If you're interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided **
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to AI, Software, Engineering, Manufacturing and Commercial sectors. Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across all core commercial engineering & technology disciplines and specialist areas.
We want to here from you
Get in touch
Our specialists team are waiting for hear from you whether you're a business looking to hire or looking for your next opportunity!