Principal Mechanical Process Engineer (Outside of IR35)
Principal Mechanical Process Engineer (Outside IR35)
Rate: £45 - £55 per hour
Manchester or Motherwell
Contract duration: 6 months initially
For this role, you will be a chartered mechanical engineer with experience of working within the pharmaceutical or chemical sectors in the UK. You will typically have a degree in Mechanical Engineering and be chartered with the Institute of Mechanical Engineers. You’ll be part of an enthusiastic and committed team of Engineers and Designers working to deliver high quality output. This is an opportunity to work on an exciting major new capital project in the UK, to create a production facility to manufacture an environmental product that will help reduce emissions of greenhouse gases.
- Developmechanical engineering deliverables to support the delivery of the project
- Package management, vendor liaison, reviewing and commenting on vendor documents
- Toensure the mechanical packages comply with engineering requirements and are fit for purpose
- Produce design deliverables including calculations, specifications and reports.
- Liaise with vendors and manage the delivery of vendor packages
- Carry out technical bid analysis on competitive bids
- Review and comment on vendor documentation
- Plan and assist with factory acceptance testing and pre-FAT inspections as necessary
- Equipment will include tanks, vessels, pumps, heat exchangers, compressors, cooling towers, chillers, and piping components
- Compliance with company quality management and legislative requirements
- Meet project schedule milestones and work-hour budgets
- Membership of Institute of Mechanical Engineers
- Chartered Engineer Status
- Demonstrable experience of design and engineering in the pharmaceutical and/or chemical sectors
- Experience of detailed design and package management
- Experience of developing equipment datasheets and specifications
- Experience of carrying out Technical Bid Analysis
- Knowledge and experience of the Pressure Equipment Regulations, Machinery Regulations, UKCA marking requirements, and Pressure Systems Safety
- Confident communication and presentation skills with the ability to simplify complex
- An ability to develop relationships with both internal and external stakeholders that deliver long term
- Experience in using standard software packages including Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Knowledge and experience of piping and vessel design codes
- Knowledge and experience of materials of construction selection
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary design team
Working with us means a chance to make your mark on some of the most exciting design and engineering projects in their sectors. Whatever your discipline, you’ll be alongside some of the most talented people in the industry.
Our network of offices are appealing, friendly and comfortable spaces, easily accessible by car or public transport. And our salary and benefits packages are some of the best in the industry. What you get will depend on what you do, with individual performance-related rewards also on offer in addition to:
- Company car or cash allowance
- Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan
- Life assurance scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave
- Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc)
- Family friendly policies
- Employee assistance
- Professional development
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** If you're interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided **
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the aerospace, technology and manufacturing sectors. Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across all core commercial engineering disciplines and specialist areas of aerospace engineering within Design, CAMO, LAE, Manufacturing, H&S and Facilities Management.
We want to here from you
Get in touch
Our specialists team are waiting for hear from you whether you're a business looking to hire or looking for your next opportunity!