Days Monday to Friday (37 hours)
Benefits: Overtime, Holidays (25 + Bank Hols), increased pension, etc.
Our client is a world leading manufacturer in lifting & motion equipment. An opportunity has arisen for an Manufacturing Engineer to join the growing engineering team.
The purpose of this role is to provide robust technical and manufacturing engineering excellence across the business with emphasis on supporting engineering and manufacturing disciplines
The successful position holder will be considered for succession within the management team subject to performance and ongoing development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support existing production processes including ensuring maintenance and programming of machinery, providing support for nesting of data and of issuing production drawings
- Maintaining elements used within the Manufacturing Bill of Materials, (BoM) timings, material usage, costing, inventory management, etc in SAP system
- Assist Engineering Manager with the management of the Q.A. system (training will be given)
- Work with Ops Team to develop budgeted Cap Ex program of continuous improvement for both Manufacturing and Site (new machinery, equipment, site development, tooling, jigs etc)
- Lead on cost-out project work with initial requirement to re-map our clamp manufacture and identify new cost-out initiatives
- Works well within a layered team of colleagues, clients, vendors and other appointed third parties
- Adherence to all legal requirements, to the Company Quality and Environmental Management Systems (QMS/EMS), the H & S policy and it’s procedures and be an active hands-on participant in continuous environmental, health and safety compliance / improvement activities
- Other ad-hoc duties commensurate with the grade of the role
- Preferably a BEng degree (minimum requirement is HND)
- Proven 5 yrs + manufacturing engineer experience required
- SAP experience preferred
- Previous experience of a CAD program preferred
- I.S. competencies in M/S Office suite
- Good grasp of English language (both verbal & written)
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- Good general fitness as role is hands-on
- Willingness to work additional and sometimes unsociable hours
- Desire to develop within the business as this position has a potential succession plan attached to it
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** If you're interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided **
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the aerospace, technology, and manufacturing sectors. Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across all core commercial engineering disciplines and specialist areas of aerospace engineering within Design, CAMO, LAE, Manufacturing, H&S and Facilities Management.
We want to here from you
Get in touch
Our specialists team are waiting for hear from you whether you're a business looking to hire or looking for your next opportunity!