Laboratory Software Implementation Manager
Laboratory Software Implementation Manager
Remote - UK
£50,000 per annum
I am currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and growing laboratory software vendor as an Implementation Manager, responsible for ensuring that their various projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget, while continuously improving processes and managing implementation profitability.
The ideal candidate for this role with have an excellent understanding of laboratory operations within the industries that the company primarily operates in (clinical, environmental, water, forensic), coupled with experience in project management methodologies such as PRINCE2. Prior experience working for a laboratory software or instrument vendor will be looked upon highly favourably.
- 1) Project Management and Execution
1. a) Oversee the planning and execution of small and large-scale projects, ensuring they are completed on time and within budget.
2. b) Implement standardized project management methodologies, such as Agile or PRINCE2, to streamline project execution and ensure consistency across all implementation projects.
3. c) Coordinate with customers and internal teams to ensure that all necessary tasks are organized and completed in advance.
4. d) Monitor the progress of implementation projects and provide regular updates to stakeholders.
5. e) Manage implementation profitability and identify areas for improvement.
- 2) Communication and Collaboration
1. a) Establish clear communication protocols for internal and external stakeholders using collaboration tools like Microsoft Teams.
2. b) Collaborate with the team using Confluence to create a centralized knowledge repository to store and share project documentation, lessons learned, and best practices.
- 3) Risk Management and Continuous Improvement
1. a) Regularly assess and mitigate risks throughout the project to ensure timely delivery and minimize any negative impact on project outcomes.
2. b) Collect customer feedback during and after implementation to identify areas for improvement and enhance the overall customer experience.
3. c) Conduct post-implementation reviews to assess project performance, identify lessons learned, and apply these insights to future projects.
- 4) Resource Management and Recruitment
1. a) Ensure that implementation resources match the business needs.
2. b) Take the principal responsibility for recruiting new staff and providing training.
- 5) Financial Forecasting and Contingency Planning
1. a) Provide accurate income forecasts to the management team.
2. b) Develop contingency plans to ensure predictable earnings on a three-month horizon, even in the case of project delays or cancellations.
- 6) Cross-functional Collaboration and Process Automation
1. a) Ensure seamless handover between Sales, Support, Finance, and other parts of the business.
2. b) Automate processes where possible using tools like Zapier.
3. c) Be proactive in the use of AI and Technology Adoption to optimize business processes.
- 7) Time Management System Development
1. a) Collaborate with others to design, configure, and adopt a time management system that meets the needs of the company.
- 8) Development
1. a) Learn about the products so that you understand in full detail the technical requirements,
2. b) Collaborate with the development team to improve product performance and user experience,
3. c) Provide input on new features and product improvements based on customer and market feedback
Essential Person Specification:
1. Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field.
2. Background in LIMS or Instrument Vendor, with a deep understanding of the laboratory software industry.
3. Project management skills, with a proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with customers and team members.
5. The ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects concurrently.
6. Gravitas and the ability to assertively handle challenging situations.
7. A valid driving license and willingness to travel within the UK and beyond.
1. Experience in managing implementations profitability.
2. Familiarity with project management methodologies, such as Agile or PRINCE2.
3. Experience with collaboration tools like Microsoft Teams and knowledge management platforms like Confluence.
4. Experience with web based project planning tools such as Float.
5. Knowledge of AI applications and their use in optimizing business processes.
6. Experience with process automation tools like Zapier.
7. Proven ability to configure and maintain time management systems.
8. Strong problem-solving skills and a continuous improvement mindset.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** If you're interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided **
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to AI, Software, ERP, Engineering, Manufacturing and Commercial sectors. Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across all core commercial engineering & technology disciplines and specialist areas.
We want to here from you
Get in touch
Our specialists team are waiting for hear from you whether you're a business looking to hire or looking for your next opportunity!