Industrial Design Engineer
Industrial Design Engineer
(14 month fixed term contract)
Manchester - Hybrid role **
**Salary- £50,000 - £60,000 DOE
Our clients company specializes in developing affordable, real-time DNA amplification systems for the rapid detection, quantification, and drug resistance testing of infectious diseases and pathogens. The company is currently looking to expand its Engineering team by hiring an Industrial Design Engineer on a fixed-term basis.
The role of this Engineer would be to work closely with the company's Head of Engineering to develop and improve upon the company's Point of Care solutions through assay development and product refinement.
The main responsibilities of the Industrial Design Engineer would include:
· Designing, prototyping, and verifying mechanical and industrial components for the company's products
· Generating new ideas and concepts to solve known and emerging problems
· Acting as the company's subject matter expert in industrial design, working closely with program managers and external partners to develop and improve upon the company's products
· Leading the design history creation and management process, including the origination of 3D assembly models, schematics, BOMs, and material specifications
· Supporting internal Operations and outsource manufacturing teams in process development, validation, and incoming goods QC/component checking
· Supporting the company's Quality and Regulatory teams with CAPA investigations and out-of-spec/non-confirming product investigations
· The ideal candidate for this role should have a Bachelor's degree or higher in mechanical/electronics engineering, with at least 5 years of experience in an industrial design, mechanical or design engineering-related discipline.
· They should be experienced in complex plastic part prototyping and manufacture, as well as the overseeing of vacuum cast and injection molding tools.
· They should be highly proficient in Solidworks part design, assembly modelling, rendering, and visualization.
· Experience in ISO 13485/IVD medical device development (desirable, but not essential) and be able to work collaboratively with internal and external partners in product design and commercial realization.
· Private Healthcare
· Death in Service Benefit
· Group Income Protection
· Share option Scheme
· 25 days’ holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays) per year
· Discretionary bonus
· Group Personal Pension scheme
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** If you're interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided **
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to AI, Software ERP, Engineering, Manufacturing and Commercial sectors. Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across all core commercial engineering & technology disciplines and specialist areas.
We want to here from you
Get in touch
Our specialists team are waiting for hear from you whether you're a business looking to hire or looking for your next opportunity!