Engineering Stores Officer
Engineering Stores Officer
The Engineering Stores Officer is a new role within a company going through a period of hypergrowth, which will allow you to work with the team to ensure systems and processes are both optimal and compliant.
Working on site, you will be the main contact for deliveries and collections, ensuring deliveries are checked, discrepancies raised, accurate records are kept, and an accurate inventory is maintained.
In addition to goods in responsibilities you will take an active role in indirect procurement by sourcing goods and services, negotiating contracts and maintaining good working relationships with our suppliers.
- Inspect all goods received into the warehouse to ensure they meet the required quality standard.
- Verify quantities and documentation against purchase orders.
- Label, store and maintain inventory records for all received goods.
- Report any discrepancies, damage or quality issues to the appropriate departments
- Conduct regular stock checks to ensure accuracy of inventory records
- Work closely with other departments to resolve any issues that may arise with incoming goods.
- Ensure received physical documentation is stored and accurate records maintained.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and service providers.
- Source goods and services required by the company at the best possible price, quality and delivery terms.
- Manage purchase orders, delivery schedules, and invoices.
- Negotiate contracts and terms with suppliers.
- Ensure that all purchases are compliant with company policies and procedures.
- Manage supplier performance and develop improvement plans where required.
- Experience in goods inspection and procurement activities (preferably indirect procurement)
- Experience in a manufacturing or warehousing environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong negotiation and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with inventory management software/manual systems
- Forklift license
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** If you're interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided **
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to AI, Software ERP, Engineering, Manufacturing and Commercial sectors. Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across all core commercial engineering & technology disciplines and specialist areas.
We want to here from you
Get in touch
Our specialists team are waiting for hear from you whether you're a business looking to hire or looking for your next opportunity!