Salary: £Competitive + Benefits (DOE)
Sector: Automotive / Motorsport
My client designs and manufactures high performance transmission systems which have helped power the world’s greatest racing machines to victory in the toughest and best motor races in the world, including wins at the Le Mans 24 hours, Rally Dakar, the Formula 1 World Championship and the legendary Indy 500 to name but a few.
Reporting to the Head of Gear Technology the Design Analyst will be responsible for providing verification for the company’s products through analysis, providing Engineering solutions and to provide engineering support to Design Office, Advanced Engineering Group and Manufacturing.
The role has the following key responsibilities:
1. Provide day to day analytical support to the engineering group.
2. Analyse transmission systems using both in-house and proprietary software.
3. Undertake gear design using in-house and proprietary software.
4. Undertake bearing analysis using in-house and proprietary software
5. Undertake Finite Element Analysis (FEA) using ANSYS to support design verification.
6. Undertake classical hand calculations to support design verification.
7. Ensure work is documented and recorded in a consistent and repeatable manner.
8. Manage and undertake component condition assessments and report findings.
9. Develop simulation tools for transmission systems.
10. Provide clear detailed reports for internal and external customers.
11. Support and contribute to knowledge transfer activities.
12. Establish, maintain and manage a strong working relationship with customers and suppliers.
13. Undertake basic CAD modelling and drafting using Siemens NX CAD to company standards and procedures.
14. Undertake personal development and attend reviews as required.
15. Observe health and safety rules at all times.
16. Follow company quality procedures, standards and work instructions.
17. Carry out reasonable additional duties as requested by management.
- BSc or BEng in mechanical engineering or relevant discipline
- Structural analysis knowledge and techniques
- An interest in practical application of CAE tools
- Transmission system analysis, e.g. Romax, MASTA, KISSsoft or Dontyne
- Analysis of rotating machinery
- Mathematical modelling and simulation; Gear design
- Bearing analysis
- Siemens NX or similar CAD system
- MatLab/ Simulink
- ANSYS Mechanical or similar FEA package
- Employment post graduation in an engineering analysis of structures and/or rotating machinery environment
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work calmly in a pressurized priority changing environment
- Ability to manage and prioritise your own workload
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Ability to work across multiple projects and prioritise accordingly
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Flexible approach to work
- Excellent communication skills
** If you're interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided **
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to AI, Software, ERP, Engineering, Manufacturing and Commercial sectors. Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across all core commercial engineering & technology disciplines and specialist areas.
We want to here from you
Get in touch
Our specialists team are waiting for hear from you whether you're a business looking to hire or looking for your next opportunity!