Backend Software Engineer
Backend Software Engineer
Reports to: VP Software
Location: Monaco or Remotely
Salary: £50,000 - £85,000
I am seeking an experienced Backend Software Engineer to join an AI powered security company. The company has experienced significant growth and has transformed into a successful and versatile technology solutions provider that safeguards millions of lives, critical infrastructure, as well as military and civilian assets across the globe.
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies and be part of a dynamic and passionate team of professionals.
- Design, develop and maintain high-quality software components
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify, prioritize and execute tasks in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and test cases
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to other team members
- Work closely with the VP Software to deliver high-quality solutions
- At least 3 years of experience in back-end development
- Strong knowledge of Python 3 and asynchronous programming (asyncio)
- Experience with sockets/networking and GIT
- Comfortable in Linux environments
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Rust, C/C++, Serial Interfaces, Video Processing (GStreamer / Janus / WebRTC), Frontend (HTML5/JS), Mobile development (iOS, Android, cross platform), System Security, Cryptography, Electronics and embedded systems, Machine Learning, DevOps tools such as Ansible, Packer
- Personal projects and passions
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline. Masters or doctorate advantageous.
Integration and interfacing:
- Experience in maritime safety and security applications is a plus
- Ability to interface with diverse equipment: radar, sonar, thermal imaging, software-defined radios and more
- Experience developing user interface, back-end server processing, as well as testing, configuring and deploying solutions
0161 214 3842
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** If you're interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided **
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to AI, Software ERP, Engineering, Manufacturing and Commercial sectors. Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across all core commercial engineering & technology disciplines and specialist areas.
We want to here from you
Get in touch
Our specialists team are waiting for hear from you whether you're a business looking to hire or looking for your next opportunity!